We campaigned to raise funds for a single 4-year scholarship for a
Indonesian students on a competitive basis enabling them to attend local universities in the fields of Forestry, Biology and Veterinary Science.
We are happy to report that as of 5 December 2017 the scholarship is fully funded! Thank you all for your very generous support. Read the press release here.
To understand the important, ground-level work of the foundation, please watch this short video of Dr. Gary Shapiro, its president.
We participated in this program since it aligns with a number of our core beliefs:
1. Education is the most powerful way to impact culture positively;
2. Deserving and qualified young people should have an education that helps them improve their community;
3. Climate change is a distressing reality that must be acknowledged and addressed on a local as well as a governmental level;
4. Rain forest protection is vital to the wellbeing of future generations globally;
5. Sustainable farming in some regions is a realistic goal;
6. No species, especially not one as close to us as the orangutan, should have become critically endangered because of its habitat loss at our hands.
For more information about The Orang Utan Republik Foundation, go here: http://www.orangutanrepublik.org/
THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED IN 2018 TO INITIATE A NEW FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN - WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!
Gregory F. Tague, Ph.D.
Founder, Evolutionary Studies Collaborative
Editor, ASEBL Journal
General Editor, Bibliotekos